Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What I really look like when I'm running

So, I saw this on facebook a while back, and it is so true!


So, I haven't been running in about two weeks. My sunburn killed me. I tried putting on my shoes last week and it hurt to walk, so running was out of the question. I went yesterday, and I was so glad I did. My time wasn't all that great, but it was a good run.



This is how I know I am a runner. I didn't go for two weeks and the break was nice. Every morning I wake up at 4:40 a.m. to go on a run, I don't want to get up. It's not fun. But then I go, and I feel amazing. Well, on Monday, a song came on the radio, and my legs got all tingly, and they were just itching to go on a run. I am a runner.

"You never regret a workout, but you always regret a missed workout." This is my motto. When I wake up in the morning and I don't want to get out of bed, I tell myself this. I know I'll feel so good when I get home. If I hit snooze and go back to bed, I'll get an extra hour of sleep, and I'll wake up feeling even more tired. When I run, I come home feeling energized and ready to tackle the day.

When my knee starts acting up, I get this pit in my stomach that I might not be able to run. That I'll have to start over. When I first started running, I could go for about 60 seconds before I had to stop. Then I got better. Now, I can run for three miles straight (if I wanted to) and I don't want to go back to those 60 second runs. I love where I'm at, and I'm motivated to train for a half marathon. I can do it.

I am a runner. I don't care what anyone else says. I've been running for over a year now, and it's the only excercise that I've done for this length of time without getting bored of it. I can run wherever I choose, and it's so convenient.

When I don't run, I feel super irritable. Running makes me happy. Crazy, I know, but it does. It must be those endorphins everyone talks about. ;-) They really work.

So, get out there and get running. I promise you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment