Monday, July 15, 2013

5 pound weekend

I literally gained 5 pounds this weekend. I was doing so good all week (down a pound) and then Friday hit. We had a product celebration in Lake Tahoe, and I told myself I was being good.


I went kayaking, and loved it. Definitely going to have to buy a kayak. (I told Tommy, and he said that he'll just ride in his boat. LOL. Such a guy.) I also ate three, count em, three, brownies. I also ate a bunch of strawberries and canteloupe and told myself it was being evened out. Yea.... it didn't. But I burned some calories kayaking! Obviously, not enough.

Then this appeared on Saturday. 


Worst. Tanline. Ever. I was wearing capris. This is so not going to be cute. And, this was taken today. It has gotten better, if you can believe it. Ouch. 

No working out ensued this weekend. The only reason I got out of bed on Saturday was because we had to be at a family reunion. I was miserable, it hurt to walk, so I consumed copious amounts of alcohol to make it feel better. It worked. Then Sunday rolled around, and I lounged all day. I didn't even get out of my pajamas. It was a great Sunday... then I hopped on the scale this morning.

This weekend was SOOOO not worth a five pound weight gain. I typically will ask myself if a certain food or drink or meal is worth the amount of calories I'm consuming. If the answer is yes, I go for it. If I had been aware of the five pound gain ahead of time, I would have changed course. But, I didn't, and alas, here I am. Going to body pump tonight, although, my feet and legs won't be happy when I put on my tennis shoes, but I'm toughing it out. Time to get back on track!



I need to work on my picture taking skills, because that photo is even worse that my at work bathroom photo. And, I'm not wearing shoes, because of the above mentioned sunburn. I think I got everything from Target, a while ago. (Yay for fitting into some pants I haven't worn in quite some time, even with my added five pounds.) I know that the extra weight will drop fast once I get back on track. It's like my body's way of kicking my ass in gear. I find that once I drink a ton of water and stop eating crap, it'll be gone. Probably even by this weekend if I work for it. So, here's to staying on track this week!

One more picture of my amazingly adorable son. Love him!

Could he be any cuter? :-)

1 comment: