Saturday, May 30, 2015

Awesome big brother

My boy is so big. Time sure does fly. I can't believe he's 4 years old. It feels like just yesterday I was rocking him to sleep every night and relishing in his snuggles. (He's still the best snuggle buddy ever.)

Just one year old here <3
He is seriously the best big brother ever. He loves Hailey so much, and is a great helper. He plays with her, gets her Binky, loves holding her, and annoys the crap out of her occasionally. I couldn't ask for more. <3 

Hailey is pissed. Lol
He's riding his bike without training wheels already! He's always been very coordinated, and his first day riding with no training wheels, you'd have thought he'd been doing it for months. He rode fast, around in circles, and didn't fall once. He's a pro. Nana bought some balance bikes for easter, and riding around on that for a month made him feel a lot more comfortable trying his bike with no training wheels. She definitely gets the credit for teaching him. So exciting. 

He rode all the way to the park 
He's also so smart. Tommy and I were trying to teach him my phone number, just in case he ever needed to call us or got lost or anything. (Tommy's good at thinking of those things.) And we spent a good 15 mins telling it to him over and over, and he just wanted to be silly and say the wrong thing. We never did get him to repeat it back to us. Then the other night, I left Hailey with J while Connor and I ran to Walgreen's. On the way there, he told me how he likes having "mommy and Connor time" (melt my heart <3) and then repeated my phone number to me like 3 times. Perfectly. And since then, he repeats it back whenever asked. He knew it the whole time. So smart.

He wants his hair spiky lately
I think he's been feeling a little left out, so I'm making a concerted effort to spend one on one time with my favorite boy. We organized his toys a few weeks ago, and he's been doing such a good job cleaning up after he's done playing. Every night before we go to bed, I clean up the living room and kitchen, and Connor picks up his room. 


He's also been sleeping in his own bed. Sometimes he'll come into my room in the middle of the night, but 90% of the time, he's in his room all night. Tommy's mom told me a while ago that one day he wouldn't want to be in my bed, and since then I haven't made a huge effort to kick him out. It makes me a little sad at how big he is. He doesn't need me at much. :-( good thing my kisses are still magic (his words Lol). :-) whenever he gets hurt, all he needs is a kiss and everything is better. I love him. 

Morning snuggles with my favorites 

No comments:

Post a Comment