Friday, June 28, 2013

First things first

So, instead of introducing myself, I thought I'd walk through what a day in my life looks like (a running day, that is).

4:40 a.m. - Alarm goes off. Snooze that shit.
4:50 a.m. - Get your ass out of bed or you're going to be late.
4:55 a.m. - Chug my cup of coffee and stretch out my bummed knee.
5:05 a.m. - Meet my awesome running partner and bust out four miles.
5:50 a.m. - Get home. Drink water. Shower.
6:05 a.m. - Connor wakes up. "I want you" ensues. I swear these are the only words in his vocabulary, as of late.
6:45 a.m. - Get Connor dressed, grab stuff. Dilly-dally.
7 a.m. - Get in the car and head to drop Connor of at my sister-in-laws.
7:30 a.m. - Head to work.
8 a.m. - At work. Log in. Check my million emails. Design. Communicate. Love my job. It's literally the best job ever. I'm sure I'll talk about it in the future.
4-6 p.m. - Leave work somewhere between this time. Sometimes earlier. Sometimes later. Back to how awesome my job is, I just leave whenever my work is done, or whenever I decide I'll tackle the rest the next day.
5 p.m. - I'm usually home by now. Cook dinner. Tommy leaves at 6:20 p.m., so dinner has to be done before then.
6-8 p.m. - Play with Connor. Watch t.v. Clean. Relax.
8 p.m. - Connor goes to sleep. Love that my boy goes to sleep early so I get a little alone time. Best. thing. ever.
9-10 p.m. - Head to bed myself so I can do it all again in the morning (minus the running, I can only go every other day because my knee sucks).

Welcome to my very interesting and exciting life. I am a working mother trying to get fit and balance the world on my shoulders. We just bought our first house. That was the smartest decision I've made in a while. Had to get into the market before it started going up to where we couldn't afford a house. My son, Connor, is two. He is amazing. Love him more than life itself, but he also drives me batshit crazy. Some days I think he's going to give me a stroke, but I wouldn't have it any other way.


My family

My brother, J, and Connor. My heart melts.


No comments:

Post a Comment